School of social sciences offers a range of Postgraduate Masters courses, designed to bridge the gap between theory and practice. Our students are inspired to engage with, analyze and understand the global economic environment from a wide variety of perspectives. Masters Programs offered at IFMR are designed as “Learn to lead” programs which transform your career to the newer dimensions. At IFMR University, you benefit from a world-class faculty, extensive hands-on learning experiences, and opportunities to focus on your particular interests.
Experiential learning is a process through which students develop knowledge, skills, and values from direct experiences outside a traditional academic setting. IFMR’s School of Social Sciences aims to promote interdisciplinary learning, civic engagement, career development, cultural awareness, leadership, and other professional and intellectual skills.
Learning that is considered “experiential” contain all the following elements:
- Reflection, critical analysis and synthesis
- Opportunities for students to take initiative, make decisions, and be accountable for the results
- Opportunities for students to engage intellectually, creatively, emotionally, socially, or physically
A designed learning experience includes the possibility to learn from natural consequences, mistakes, and successes. The School of Social Sciences can provide a combination of programs. The potential components would be:
- Internship programs that are managed through partnerships;
- Student research for outstanding students opportunity to do cutting-edge research with faculty or researchers from centre;
- Coordination of a cross-centre experiential learning infrastructure for supporting experiential learning activities delivered in academic and non-academic units across centres;
- Capstone project students complete a team-based project for an actual client with a faculty member’s guidance. Students apply their technical, analytical, teamwork, communication, and management skills in a real world project setting.