Graduates in any discipline with consistent academic record; Candidates pursuing final year degree can also apply.
- Applicants are required to take /have taken any of the following standardised entrance exams – CAT 2016 / XAT 2017 / CMAT 2017 / GMAT & GRE (taken in the last three years). The cut off are not the same for all the entrance exams – so your performance in all the entrance exams you have taken will be evaluated against the respective cut off and only your best performance will be considered.
- While CAT/XAT/CMAT percentiles or GRE/GMAT scores are an important component of the admission process, these are not the sole criteria for admission. The admission committee will consider the applicant’s past academic performance, and performance in Personal Interview. Further the admissions committee recognizes the importance of passion for achievement demonstrated even in non-academic endeavour such as, but not limited to, sports (represented country, state or district), NCC, Performing Arts (but NOT fine arts), volunteering, activism etc. and at the work place (of a corresponding level); those with track record in these areas, would get a relaxation with regard to cut off scores, provided they are otherwise eligible, and capable; however, there is no exemption from the requirement of a valid score in, at least one of CAT/XAT/CMAT/ GRE/GMAT regardless of any achievements.
Application Fee & Procedure:
Candidates meeting the eligibility criteria can apply to IFMR only online at forms.ifmr.ac.in which has an applicant friendly form which upon completion would require you to make a payment of Rs.1,500/- through Debit Card / Credit Card / Internet Banking. At any stage of filling the application form, you are welcome to contact our help desk who will get back to you and address your queries, solve your difficulties.
Selection & Notification:
The selection process consists of Written Ability Test (WAT) followed by personal interview (PI). IFMR has two rounds of admission for the PGDM batch 18 (2017-19).
The Early Decision Round is dedicated to those applicants with work experience of 12 months to 36 months as of 30th November 2016. The deadline for this round is 18th December 2016. The selection process for this round scheduled in late January and February 2017 is expected be held at the following 10 Indian cities – Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Delhi, Gurgaon, Hyderabad, Kochi, Kolkata, Mumbai, and Pune – subject to a viable number of shortlisted candidates in each of these centers.
The General Round is open to all applicants, who may or may not be currently employed. The deadline for this round is 22nd January 2017. The selection process for this round scheduled in March 2017 is expected to be held at the following 20 Indian cities, subject to a viable number of shortlisted candidates in each of these centers.
- East Zone – Bhubaneswar, Guwahati, Kolkata, Patna, Ranchi
- North Zone – Chandigarh, Dehradun, Delhi, Jaipur, Lucknow
- South Zone – Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kochi, Mangalore
- West Zone – Ahmedabad, Bhopal, Mumbai, Pune, Raipur.
For further queries / information, please get in touch with:
Mr. G. Ravi Shankar
Institute for Financial Management and Research
5655, Central Express Way, Sector-24, Sri City
Chengambakkam Village, Chittoor 517541, Andhra Pradesh
Mobile: 93850 21777