Certificate Course in Enterprise Performance Management
|Course Duration||30 hours (5 days of 6 hours each)|
IFMR Graduate School of Business, 196, TTK Road, PG Gardens, Alwarpet, Chennai
|Lead Faculty||Dr. T.V. Subramanian, Dr.N.Chandarsekaran, Dr. G. Balasubramanian, Dr.R. Jayaram & Prof Manivannan Rajan|
EPM – An introduction
Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) is the integration of multiple managerial methods to improve an organization’s strategic & operational performance.
The individual methods comprising EPM and ways and means to seamlessly integrate them is the main focus of this course as integration of methods is as important as the method itself
Embedding analytics into each method makes EPM even more powerful.
Pain & Problems that EPM Solves
- Did you know the vast majority of organizations fail to successfully execute their strategy? (per Dr. David Norton, co-author of the Balanced Scorecard)
- Organizations often have key performance indicators (KPIs)…
- Those are not aligned with the strategy.
- Those are far too many in number.
- Those do not cascade down into operational measures useful to employees.
- Do you know which 20% of your products, service-lines, channels, and customers may be unprofitable? Which 20% are truly the most profitable?
- Accounting systems lack reporting transparency and visibility of costs.
- Do managers and employees know and effectively manage root cause cost drivers?
- Few companies, if any, know which types of customers are most profitable to retain, grow, win-back, and acquire. There is an illusion that the highest sales customers are also the most profitable ones.
- The annual budget process is ineffective. Budgets are quickly obsolete. Volatility and uncertainty are here to stay. There is poor preparation to shift to capacity-sensitive, driver-based, rolling financial forecasts.
- There is a lack of insight, knowledge, and business intelligence data. There is excessive reliance on intuition and gut feel rather than fact-based decision making.
- There’s an inability to anticipate trouble early on, and an absence of reliable forecasting and predictive analytics.
- Many are unable to identify the cause for low productivity, high costs, or questionable lean management initiatives.
Scope of coverage
- Progressive managerial accounting practices, including activity-based costing (ABC), provide accurate costs (with detailed visibility of causality) of processes, products, services, channels, and customers, for profitability analysis, decisions, and actions.(4 sessions)
- Reliable forecasting with calibrated, driver-based cost consumption rates allows a shift from the annual budget to continuous capacity-sensitive rolling financial forecasts.(1 session)
- Road map for successful roll out of Managerial accounting systems in an ERP environment (2 session)
- Understanding cost behavior, pricing strategies and Strategic variance analysis (4 sessions)
- A strategy map and its companion Balanced Scorecard communicate the organization’s mission and strategic objectives in terms everyone can understand. Combined, they identify KPIs essential for accountability and to align employee behavior and priorities with the strategy.(1 session)
- Analytics (e.g., regression, segmentation, correlation) provide insight and foresight with fact-based information. (4 sessions)
- Analytics enabled investigation and testing as well as moving from possibilities to probabilities (e.g., what-if scenario analysis).[2 session]
- Modeling with software is foundational in EPM methods to reflect the reality of cause-and-effect relationships. [2 sessions]
The Pedagogy would consist of a mix of lectures, exercise, real life situations and case analysis, news, video analysis. In addition the participants (based on their profile) would be exposed to industry specific examples throughout the discussion. Great deal of emphasis would be placed on discussing real time issues faced by the participants
Who Should Attend
- Functional/departmental heads involved in strategy formulation and implementation in various functional areas of operations, production, quality control, marketing, Accounting, Costing, corporate finance, etc.
- Students pursuing professional courses and with a keen interest in Operations and cost management
Course Fee and Contact:
- 20,000/- + 18% GST
- Early Bird Discount of 10% for 1st few participants, so hurry and register now!
- To Know more / register – Mail @ firstname.lastname@example.org or call @ 950005569
Dr. T.V. Subramanian – Professor Emeritius, KREA UNIVERSITY (IFMR Business school)
Education: Fellow (Ph.D.,) in Management, IIM, Ahmedabad. M.Stat. Indian Statistical institute
Experience: 10 years in Corporate and over 35 years as Consultant, Trainer, and Teacher.
Areas: Operations, TQM, Supply Chain Management, Analytics.
- Sankara Ratna award from Sankara Nethralaya.
- Honorary Fellowship Award from Indian Institute of Materials Management.
- Friend of the Farmer Award from Vinoba Bhave Trust, Pune for village development.
- Trainer of the year award for 3 consecutive years from Tata Management Training Centre, Pune.
Dr. G. Balasubramanian – Professor
Education: M.Com, ACMA, PhD
Experience: Currently Vice President-KREA UNIVERSITY (IFMR B School)
- Has two decades of experience in executive training, teaching, consulting and research in Accounting, Finance and Information Technology.
- He is visiting faculty for several African countries in the area of finance and information technology, under the sponsorship of the commonwealth secretariat. He has participated as a resource person in a study of disinvestments of public sector enterprises sponsored by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). He has designed and implemented Decision Support systems for major organizations.
- He has co-authored a book titled, “Brain Re-engineering”, and published by Sage Publications. He has also published several papers in the area of capital markets, accounting, and information technology and knowledge management.
- His current areas of interest include Valuation modelling, Activity based costing & management, strategic cost management, Performance measurement systems, Business intelligence and IT strategies.
Dr. R. Jayaram – Adjunct Professor
Education: M.Com, M.Phil, FCMA, Adv Dip. MA, PhD
Experience: Currently Adjunct Professor – KREA UNIVERSITY (IFMR B School). Over 18 years in industry in Management accounting, Costing, Accounting & Auditing functions
- Associated with IFMR since 2008. Apart from teaching in the PGDM program, is actively involved with IFMR’s Management Development Programs for working executives.
- Practicing Cost & management Accountant (since 2011)
- Cost Auditor for leading companies in varied sectors – auto ancillary, engineering, food & beverages, pharmaceuticals & health
- Currently associated as Director with Proactive Solutech (India) Pvt Ltd.
- Involved as a functional consultant in implementation of Activity based Costing systems and Pricing software.
- Involved in study & design of COST MODELS for various companies and also consulting on improvements to existing data capturing mechanisms in ERP (SAP, Oracle)
Dr. N.Chandrasekaran – Professor , KREA UNIVERSITY (IFMR Business school)
Education: Fellow (Ph.D.,) in Financial Management, IFMR
Experience: 24 years in Corporate, consulting and Teaching.
Areas: Operations, TQM, Supply Chain Management, Analytics.
- Worked in industries including information Technology, Venture Capital, Industry body, and Knowledge Processing.
- Founding member of CII Institute of Logistics
- His areas of work relate to Strategy, Mergers and Acquisitions, Human Resources, Leadership Development and Investor Relationship management
Professor Manivannan Rajan
Education: M.Tech (IIT Madras), FCMA, FIV
- Associated as Visiting faculty-KREA UNIVERSITY (IFMR B School) for over 18 years
- Expertise in handling Cost, Risk & Project Management areas
- Over 35 years of Experience as Management Consultant across varied industries
- Senior Partner STR & Associates and Geeyes & Co, leading Cost & Management Accounting firms